Workshops

Apply | Workshops | AHC | SA | PC | AACalendar

 

Applied Sanskrit for Ayurveda & Yoga I

Pre-requirements: 18 years or older with valid photo ID

Workshop fees: $150, plus workbook

Instructor: Amarnath Matthews

Live Class Schedule

Students must attend all classes during each schedule.

Schedule 1 - one hour each day

September 28th, 29th, 30th, October 1st

3p - 4p PT / 6p - 7p ET

This workshop introduces the language of Sanskrit in a concise, accessible way with a clear presentation of foundational concepts. It is ideal for those who would like an introduction to formal study as well as those who want to refresh knowledge or fill in the gaps. Students learn about the history of the language, its current usage and practical application in Āyurveda through translation and transliteration. The entire alphabet is explained in detail with vocal practice and memorization exercises.This workshop presents material in several formats using self-paced reading, quizzes, instructor-led pronunciation, interactive group practice, class discussion and Q&A sessions.

Workshop Lessons

This workshop is presented in ten 1-hour lessons. Lessons 1 through 6 are self-paced reading followed by a 5-question quiz. Students must complete all 6 before attending live classes. In lessons 7 through 10, students attend live, online classes with an instructor to practice pronunciation and memorization.

All lessons must be completed in order.

Lessons 1 - 6 (total 6 hours)

  • Self-paced

  • Read each lesson in the workbook

  • Complete an online, 5-question quiz at the end of each lesson

  • One hour per lesson

Lessons 7 - 10 (total 4 hours)

  • Live, online classes

  • Instructor-led with Amarnath Matthews

  • Individual and group practice pronunciation exercises

  • Memorization exercises

  • Basic word pronunciation

Live classes are limited to 5 students to guarantee maximum individual attention. Up to 3 students may register on waiting list.

Grading

The six quiz scores account for 80% of the final grade. The remaining 20% is awarded by the instructor for participation in live classes. Students must attain a minimum of 73% to pass and receive a Certificate of Completion.

Registration

Students can register and purchase the workbook anytime to begin self-paced lessons online through Canvas Instructure, a learning management system. After registering, students receive a link to create an account in Canvas to submit quizzes. After completing the 6 quizzes, email info@ayu.academy to reserve your seat for an upcoming live class.

 

Applied Sanskrit for Ayurveda & Yoga II

Pre-requirements: 18 years or older with valid photo ID

Workshop fees: $150, plus workbook

Instructor: Amarnath Matthews

Live Class Schedule

Students must attend all classes during each schedule.

Schedule 1 - one hour each day

August 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th

12p - 1p PT / 3p - 4p ET / 8p - 9p UK

Schedule 2 - one hour each day

October 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th

3p - 4p PT / 6p - 7p ET

This workshop introduces students to using Sanskrit to complex sounds and syllables, half consonants, regular consonants, conjunct consonants and simple words. Students learn the concepts of schwa and virāma and their roles in the formation of akṣharas, conjuncts and words. Through exercises of word dissection and akṣhara notation, students gain proficiency with the alphabet and its components. They improve recognition of akṣharas, and practice reading and writing through ĀYUT transliteration. Students are introduced to intermediate Sanskrit language concepts including sandhi (word combining), Sanskrit dhātus (root terms), prefixes and suffixes. The workshop presents material in several formats using guided reading, lectures, instructor-led pronunciation practice, individual and group exercises, class discussion and Q&A sessions.

Workshop Lessons

This workshop is presented in ten 1-hour lessons. Lessons 1 through 6 are self-paced reading followed by a 5-question quiz. Students must complete all 6 before attending live classes. In lessons 7 through 10, students attend live, online classes with an instructor to practice pronunciation and memorization.

All lessons must be completed in order.

Lessons 1 - 6 (total 6 hours)

  • Self-paced

  • Read each lesson in the workbook

  • Complete an online, 5-question quiz at the end of each lesson

  • One hour per lesson.

Lessons 7 - 10 (total 4 hours)

  • Live, online classes

  • Instructor-led with Amarnath Matthews

  • Individual and group practice pronunciation exercises

  • Memorization exercises

  • Basic word pronunciation

Live classes are limited to 5 students to guarantee maximum individual attention. Up to 3 students may register on waiting list.

Grading

The six quiz scores account for 80% of the final grade. The remaining 20% is awarded by the instructor for participation in live classes. Students must attain a minimum of 73% to pass and receive a Certificate of Completion.

Registration

Students can register and purchase the workbook anytime to begin self-paced lessons online through Canvas Instructure, a learning management system. After registering, students receive a link to create an account in Canvas to submit quizzes. After completing the 6 quizzes, email info@ayu.academy to reserve your seat for an upcoming live class.

 

Applied Sanskrit for Ayurveda & Yoga III

Pre-requirements: 18 years or older with valid photo ID

Workshop fees: $150, plus workbook

Instructor: Amarnath Matthews

Live Class Schedule

Students must attend all classes during each schedule.

Schedule 1 - one hour each day

November 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th

3p - 4p PT / 6p - 7p ET

Students learn 30 common Āyurveda and Yoga Sanskrit terms in ĀYUT-transliterated form. Students practice word dissection, akṣhara composition analysis, schwa and virāma identification and sandhi recognition. Terms are analyzed from an etymological perspective to determine their Sanskrit dhātu (root term), prefixes and suffixes. Students practice pronunciation of these Sanskrit terms and memorize their basic English translations through direct meanings and conceptual explanations. Terms with complex meanings are explained in greater detail to identify limitations of English translations. Grammatical usage of terms, synonyms, antonyms and comparative sets are discussed. Students learn Anglicization of Sanskrit, including proper grammatical forms of Sanskrit terms in English sentences using examples of case and word form.

Workshop Lessons

This workshop is presented in ten 1-hour lessons. Lessons 1 through 6 are self-paced reading followed by a 5-question quiz. Students must complete all 6 before attending live classes. In lessons 7 through 10, students attend live, online classes with an instructor to practice pronunciation and memorization.

All lessons must be completed in order.

Lessons 1 - 6 (total 6 hours)

  • Self-paced

  • Read each lesson in the workbook

  • Complete an online, 5-question quiz at the end of each lesson

  • One hour per lesson.

Lessons 7 - 10 (total 4 hours)

  • Live, online classes

  • Instructor-led with Amarnath Matthews

  • Individual and group practice pronunciation exercises

  • Memorization exercises

  • Basic word pronunciation

Live classes are limited to 5 students to guarantee maximum individual attention. Up to 3 students may register on waiting list.

Grading

The six quiz scores account for 80% of the final grade. The remaining 20% is awarded by the instructor for participation in live classes. Students must attain a minimum of 73% to pass and receive a Certificate of Completion.

Registration

Students can register and purchase the workbook anytime to begin self-paced lessons online through Canvas Instructure, a learning management system. After registering, students receive a link to create an account in Canvas to submit quizzes. After completing the 6 quizzes, email info@ayu.academy to reserve your seat for an upcoming live class.

(972) 379-7024

info@ayu.academy

77 Sugar Creek Center Blvd

Suite 600

Sugar Land, Texas USA 77478

© 2018-2020 AYU Academy.

All rights reserved.

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

Subscribe to our newsletter.

AYU Academy is approved and regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission, Career Schools and Colleges, Austin, Texas.